View Threads as Galleries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvn

Supreme [H]ardness
View Threads as Galleries?

I definitely would enjoy being able to click a checkbox or bullet in order to only show the pictures posted in a thread, omitting all the text completely. This would save a lot of searching through threads for pictures. Sort of like the search function where the results are click-able to show the full post including the text, but the main search/index of the thread is all pictures only. Some of these threads are over a hundred (to thousands of) pages long so it gets ridiculous looking through them for specific pictures. Unless there is some other way I've not come across to view threads as galleries? As for server load, afaik most pictures are stored on external sites (imgur, photobucket, imageshack, private hosts, etc) and just linked onto the forum in html so it's not like the server is loading the pictures, only a reference to them which your own browser loads. So you might experience some lag and "draw down" of images on your end but it won't actually be hardforum's server transmitting the images/load. It would just reference all the img taggged items from the thread and post them in an index just like referencing the results of any other search word/phrase from a thread.

As far as I know, this is not an option with vBulletin, or at least not in the version [H] is using, which has been heavily tweaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back