Videocard in a bottle

slow_poke

n00b
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
43
Ok, no video card in a bottle, But, How bad of a bottle neck is a sempron64 2800 @ 2.4 GHz for 7900gs? :confused:
 
The 2800+ is a 256KB L2 chip, I think @ 2.4GHz you probably aren't being terribly limited, but I would think that certain games may show this in different extremes.

Best option, if you do some tests and feel you are CPU limited, is to grab one of those 3000+ s754 Venice chips off newegg for $55 shipped and overclock it. Easily 2.4-2.6GHz, some go closer to 2.7-2.0GHz.
 
ep1taph said:
The 2800+ is a 256KB L2 chip, I think @ 2.4GHz you probably aren't being terribly limited, but I would think that certain games may show this in different extremes.

Best option, if you do some tests and feel you are CPU limited, is to grab one of those 3000+ s754 Venice chips off newegg for $55 shipped and overclock it. Easily 2.4-2.6GHz, some go closer to 2.7-2.0GHz.
Well u r right. Gotta upgrade. God new egg must love people like us. prolly just gonna go for an X2 socket 939 and t-force board. doah :eek:
 
Back
Top