Video Tracks Chinese Hacker In Action

Right....and what 'newz' do you bow down to? They are all bullshit folks.

This.

It's funny seeing people bash the FNC and totally ignore the fact that the other major news outlets are just as bad if not worse. I always visualize these people sitting in front of their TV's at night watching MSNBC or CNN yelling at their TV's "NOW THIS GUY KNOWS HIS SHIT!....." :rolleyes: Think for yourselves people, jesus F'ing christ, and quit bashing FNC unless you're gonna bash em all.

Anyway, back on topic. It's sad how much information is stolen through very simple means. A lot of it can be avoided by educating people better about how to use tools like email, but I also blame the software itself. Programs like Acrobat reader and email shouldn't be able to execute anything, and should just display text and images to screen, nothing else. Feel the same way about web browsers, but I realize that's a more complicated issue.

image.jpg

(sorry we needed this on the second page too!)

Once news became a "for profit" venture that required sensationalizing and twisting stories to gain maximum viewership, it went to complete and utter shit.

My question about this whole thing is, if these hackers are sponsored by the Chinese government, then why the hell are they so damned obvious? And with it being so obvious, are we being lured in to paying attention to this while there are more nefarious, much harder to detect attacks going on?

I find it hard to believe that a government sponsored hacker would not be able to hide themselves a bit better than this.

out of date operating systems

not every company has thousands or even tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars to update everything every time microsoft decides a couple years have gone by

Stop opening... random fucking pdf files

what if I work on electronics all day and have to look up data sheets? should I stop working for fear of opening a PDF? (hint: they are ALL PDF files)

it's also extremely naive to think that the west don't do it too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet

Maybe you should watch Fox, and think for yourself for once, instead of being a sheep and bashing Fox like the liberal propaganda tells you to. Fox is better than ABC, CBS, NBC, or CNN.

Ah, I understand now. Every news channel but Fox is liberal propaganda? I guess the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, The Economist, BBC, and Releases from the AP are liberal propaganda too. Fox news is full of it, to the point that even their corespondents acknowledge it amongst themselves. They get to feed the tea party conspiracy theorists their daily dose of crazy as hell and collect their paycheck.

It's cool that you have internet in your survival bunker.

Is it wrong that I noticed that his FileZilla server installation was out-of-date by several releases? ;)

dumbass couldn't even follow the script.. he needs easy mode maybe he is esl

Ah, I understand now. Every news channel but Fox is liberal propaganda? I guess the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, The Economist, BBC, and Releases from the AP are liberal propaganda too. Fox news is full of it, to the point that even their corespondents acknowledge it amongst themselves. They get to feed the tea party conspiracy theorists their daily dose of crazy as hell and collect their paycheck.

It's cool that you have internet in your survival bunker.

sigh

out of date operating systems and some script kiddies' garbage hacking tools.

Nothing special.

Everyone throws around the term "script kiddies" here all the time. Please tell us what real hacking is if "script kiddies" are so pathetic.

real hacking is studying existing code to find weaknesses for the exploits that are then gift wrapped into a GUI app for less sophisticated users.
Or revers engineering DRM on any hard or software.

Everyone throws around the term "script kiddies" here all the time. Please tell us what real hacking is if "script kiddies" are so pathetic.

Script kiddies just use the shit other people build/make/etc for exploits. "Real" hackers are the ones actually finding those exploits.

Script kiddies just use the shit other people build/make/etc for exploits. "Real" hackers are the ones actually finding those exploits.

And I can but imagine there is only a small populous able to do this. It takes quite a bit of knowledge about systems to learn these exploits.

Unfortunately, as previously stated, so many systems are not updated that script kiddies are able to function.

Did anyone notice that the machine was an XP? My guess is that it's either SP2 or SP1a.

Back