Video Released of Uber Self-Driving Car Accident

WOW, fucking news.
Zach Peterson, a spokesman for Aptiv Plc, which produces Volvo's radar and camera, said Uber may have disabled the safety feature

but because they put 'disable Volvo SUV's safety system' in quotes they're not saying they did, they're simply quoting a piece not possibly printing libelous statements. The Daily Mail can go eat a dick.

Arizona halts Uber self-driving tests; supplier says Uber disabled Volvo safety system before fatality
Also on Monday, the auto-parts maker that supplied the radar and camera on the Volvo SUV that struck and killed the woman last week said Uber had disabled the standard collision-avoidance technology in the vehicle.
Buzz Wrong again "Waymo CEO John Krafcik on Saturday said his company's self-driving software would probably have avoided the pedestrian death. "

He's surmising with no evidence based on the fact 'his shit don't stink!'

What you are seeing is a finger pointing war and Uber is on the hot seat so they can't say shit publicly. Involved companies are polluting public opinion while they can to preemptively cover their asses.

Buzz Wrong again "Waymo CEO John Krafcik on Saturday said his company's self-driving software would probably have avoided the pedestrian death. "

He's surmising with no evidence based on the fact 'his shit don't stink!'

What you are seeing is a finger pointing war and Uber is on the hot seat so they can't say shit publicly. Involved companies are polluting public opinion while they can to preemptively cover their asses.

What makes you such an expert on Waymo's system that you can make assertions like that?

Before anyone gets bent out of shape, this video is not gory, does not show death. I'm posting this video to address what I believe is a massive failure of technology. With that said, yesterday, the Tempe Police Department released a video from the Uber car that struck and killed a pedestrian. It's clear to me after watching the video that Uber has big problems on their hands. First, I believe the detection system of the car should have detected the person in the road. Second, it appears to me the back-up driver was clearly distracted and not paying attention to the road. Third, in my opinion Uber is going to pay through the nose once this goes to court. Hopefully, this isn't an inherent problem with self-driving technology and Uber discovers what went wrong.

Watch the video here.

With this case, who's to blame? With early technology of self-driving cars and it has been publicly sold, I think the automakers should be responsible to this kind of case. I have just read an article that also talks about this at https://www.lemberglaw.com/self-driving-autonomous-car-accident-injury-lawyers-attorneys/. Hope this helps anyone who need information regarding this matter.

With this case, who's to blame? With early technology of self-driving cars and it has been publicly sold, I think the automakers should be responsible to this kind of case. I have just read an article that also talks about this at https://www.lemberglaw.com/self-driving-autonomous-car-accident-injury-lawyers-attorneys/. Hope this helps anyone who need information regarding this matter.

It's the obsessive need to lay blame and sue people that drives up insurance rates and lets lawyers make all the money. If the accident was caused by bad luck (as proven by sensors/recordings), faultless insurance will take care of the costs. In this case, it was (most likely) due to Uber taking shortcuts so they will take the brunt of the blame. However, as driverless cars take over with their bevy of sensors recording everything, overall insurance rates should go down for these vehicles.

Back