Video & Performace problems

bob

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 13, 2002
Messages
2,971
I just built my computer on friday:

Gigabyte 3D Rocket cooler pro
Gigabyte GAK8NF-9
Gigabyte Geforce 6600GT (Refurbished)
Mushkin DDR400-2x512
Hitachi 7200RPM SATA 80gb
Sparkle 300W ATX 2.0
Athlon 90nm 3000+ 1.8Ghz

I ran 3dmarks 2001, and got a score of 15,000. I thought that was low, considering my previous Socket 754 athlon 3000+ with a radeon 9800 scored 21,000...

I put in 3dmark '05, and received a score of 3056. Thats around 500 better than my Socket 754.

To fishish testing my 6600GT before the 2 week warrenty expired, I loaded on Farcry and Theif III. Theif played wonderfully, smooth as glass. Farcry with the max options was smooth, but the brightness was waay to bight. The walls were a very brilliant white/yellow, shadows were black as midnight. I played with gamma, brightness, and contrast. The colors were only screwed up during a game, not during the loading screen.

My old 3000+ with a radeon 9800 has very good shading and lighting.

Is there any way it may be from a wang-afied videocard? I didnt think it could be, since 3Dmark '01 and '05 worked without problems. And yes, I do have every chipset/raid/lan/mouse/table/lamp/motherboard driver installed from gigabyte.
 
I reinstalled windows, and farcry. There arnt any rendering problems with every video option on low. When I bump them up to medium, it starts screwing things up.
 
Back
Top