Video LCD question

lamarth

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
376
I couldn't find any mention of this in the FAQs so maybe someone might know....

Do any/most/some of the LCDs available have some sort of automatic on/off function where if they get a video signal they'll come on, and shut off when it's not there? Or do you have to manually throw/press a power switch to turn it on and off?

Or, is it possible to mod a LCD so it's turned on by just applying power to it? Has anyone tried something like this?

Thanks!
 
Most LCDS have some form of power saving function that will switch the monitor to a sleep mode.As always, you could always read the manual of the monitor in question and see what it says.
I never turn my sony lcd off. All I do is put the monitor into sleep in windows power saving.
 
The monitor should turn itself off a few seconds after the computer is shut down. If it stays on, you might want to read your owners manual, and possibly arange to RMA it.
 
Ah, thanks guys. Reason why I ask is that I was thinking of doing the 'lcd in a pc case' mod, and I'm not that familiar with the functions available on a typical lcd screen (at least the types used for this kind of mod). I got to wondering how everyone else who's done the mod powers their lcds off and on- or if these lcds in general do it automatically...
 
Back
Top