Video games stutter when computer first turned on

allen5055

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
1,556
I have a strange problem on my desktop computer. When I first turn it on, for 5-10 minutes video playback and video games stutter. For instance, the video will play for a few seconds, pause, play, pause, etc. The stutter is very brief, but noticeable. When I look at GPU usage in afterburner it dips down to 0 periodically.

After 5-10 minutes the computer will suddenly start to work perfectly.

I have a Gigabyte OC Force Z87 with i-7 4770k.
HIX R9 290
32GB DDR 2400 G. Skill
Windows 8.1
 
Take a look at the processes in task manager and see if something is using a lot of CPU time. Windows Media Center update service is one thing that brings my computer to it's knees on wake from sleep or startup.
 
Back
Top