Video Games for Mac?

Qua Sar

n00b
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
15
Hello,
I'm looking for games like (i think) X2:The threat or Spore/Civ4 type stuff. I've played only Civilization 2-4 but i hear X2:the threat is good and i hear spore is good but i'm not sure if it's too kiddish for me? As well, has anyone played hte game privateer 2: the darkening and is there any games like that for mac. I"m just trying to grab a good game for mac that i can enjoy for awhile, so I don't want it to be a shooter and i haven't heard of any good rpgs for mac in awhile (last one i've played is obviously baldur's gate series and kotor). Any ideas? Btw, I am on a macbook pro 2ghz core duo x1600 graphics card.

Thanks for your suggestions guys!
Qua Sar

I basically want a game that is in-depth and willl last me a long time like an rpg, space sim or strategy game. FPS/RTS would be fine as well, but they are generally not as long compared to those genres. Any suggestions'?
 
choose_gaming_console.jpg
 
Although not the best selection they do have some games that are good. As well, It could even be PC games as I can probably put XP on my computer if i find a game i really enjoy.
 
Well your choices will be very limited, of course. You didn't mention whether MMO's are a player, but I do know that LOTRO works fine and Age of Conan is in beta for Mac.
 
I'd prefer not MMO, unless it is a free MMO. Although some MMO's are entertaining most are not worth the monthly money (in my opinion).
 
Get bootcamp and a RC Windows 7.

Nuff said. I use it, I love it.

Don't mind those mac haters, you decided to post the three words that will get you flamed the most in this forum.

Mac + Video + Games.
 
As well, It could even be PC games as I can probably put XP on my computer if i find a game i really enjoy.
Do that. There's practically no reason why any Intel Mac shouldn't be BootCamped with Windows.
 
And what you are all doing to this poor guy is any better? I'm defending him and pointing him in the right direction mind you. :rolleyes:

If you read a few posts back, I gave him some game suggestions. Never once did I flame or bad mouth him or Macs. The reality is that Mac has a limited game base compared to the PC. I have a Mac, I know.
 
If you read a few posts back, I gave him some game suggestions. Never once did I flame or bad mouth him or Macs. The reality is that Mac has a limited game base compared to the PC. I have a Mac, I know.

And my comment wasn't directed at you, so where all good. :)
 
Then why buy a mac to begin with?
To be able to run both easily. Run OS X and BootCamped Windows, run OS X and Windows in a VM, or just virtualize individual programs. All easy options on a Mac. Plus, Macs do tend to have nice aesthetic qualities.

You can do the same with a PC, but more often than not, getting OS X installed on a PC is an immense pain in the ass (and not to be discussed at any further length here).
 
I know i could vm windows but at hte moment i don't have enough space (i'm working on some backup options to get some more space but as of now i can't). As well i didn't post in apple products becuase although i'm looking for specifically mac games as i said earlier pc games are welcome when I am able to get windows bootcamped.
 
the hardware may be better but the OS isn't (that is my opinion even if it isn't yours, no mean to offend anyone). And as i said i don't mind running the PC for gaming I just can't right now.
 
thanks for the link infect0 I'll have to check it out when I get home. I am not able to visit the site right now as i'm at work.
 
Back
Top