Video Game Violence Strikes AGAIN!

Is it really that easy for a 17 kid to get a gun in the USA?u literaly have to undergo astronauts tests to be able to get a gun in my country ,but u guys seem to grow them in trees,and short trees so any kid can get a hold of one lol :))

^^^ as illustrated there, we have other problems far deeper than video game violence. :p

(And that's not a commentary/opinion on gun control...)

"not with a joystick,"

I guess the CBS affiliate in Sacramento doesn't know the difference between a gamepad and a joystick. Sure, there are joystick controllers available for the XBox, but I'm hard-pressed to find anyone who actually uses them.

:confused: the 360 controller has 2 joysticks.

Hate this bullshit. Scapegoating games and ignoring real issues...yea taking the easy way out.

While the reaction was wrong, we have to consider the age of these boys, the long standing feud, and what was the catalyst of this circumstance.

For example if I were to find a moron who has anger issues and is prone to violence, then proceed to infuriate him as much as I possibly can, and then explicitly goad him to freely come and act out on his current emotional state, which I placed him in, I am the one who created the situation, and as such, bear some responsibility in any outcome of it. (This is a conceptual point, not saying it is a 1:1 comparison to those in this story.)

It's a scary concept, but a real one that currently is not tangibly weighed by the judicial system (but then again what can be, and to what extent). I hope an intelligent judge with a genuinely open mind takes this case before this young boy's life is further destroyed.

While in reality these were the actions of boys, I understand why the "attacker" is being charged as an adult. We cannot have any public knowledge of such actions being condoned in the slightest as to not empower such a defense being unfairly used in the future. Imo, they both should both be punished for their actions resulting in the event(s) at hand. The mind is a very complex and unpredictable device, and when you actively tamper with it knowingly and specifically conditioning and inflaming a mental reaction, you reap what you sow.

While the reaction was wrong, we have to consider the age of these boys, the long standing feud, and what was the catalyst of this circumstance.

For example if I were to find a moron who has anger issues and is prone to violence, then proceed to infuriate him as much as I possibly can, and then explicitly goad him to freely come and act out on his current emotional state, which I placed him in, I am the one who created the situation, and as such, bear some responsibility in any outcome of it. (This is a conceptual point, not saying it is a 1:1 comparison to those in this story.)

It's a scary concept, but a real one that currently is not tangibly weighed by the judicial system (but then again what can be, and to what extent). I hope an intelligent judge with a genuinely open mind takes this case before this young boy's life is further destroyed.

While in reality these were the actions of boys, I understand why the "attacker" is being charged as an adult. We cannot have any public knowledge of such actions being condoned in the slightest as to not empower such a defense being unfairly used in the future. Imo, they both should both be punished for their actions resulting in the event(s) at hand. The mind is a very complex and unpredictable device, and when you actively tamper with it knowingly and specifically conditioning and inflaming a mental reaction, you reap what you sow.

I think that falls under "blame the victim". Women who wear revealing clothing bear some responsibility for being raped too, right? :rolleyes:

The responsibility for action depends ENTIRELY on the attacker. He could have walked away any time, stopped engaging, whatever. Life is full of douchebags, you and you alone are responsible for how you respond to their words.

:confused: the 360 controller has 2 joysticks.

Since when were thumbsticks called joysticks?

ControllerAnatomy.png

The responsibility for action depends ENTIRELY on the attacker. He could have walked away any time, stopped engaging, whatever. Life is full of douchebags, you and you alone are responsible for how you respond to their words.

Which comes back full circle with the problem of blaming video games for the violence. Society seems to have this idea that everything and everyone is at fault except for the person that made the wrong decision to go out and hurt someone. It's the games, it's the guns, it's their childhood... it's like someone just spins a big wheel and whatever it lands on is the scapegoat of the month for all of society's ills. You can't even have pointy steak knives in England anymore because someone might use them as a weapon. I'm surprised they haven't outlawed wood axes and carpentry hammers and even screwdrivers. Where does it end?

Personal responsibility means just that. You're responsible for everything you do, regardless of the environment you are in. If someone baits you they may be wrong for it, but the old proverb about two wrongs not making things right exists for good reason. "He made fun of me" is not justification for stabbing someone.

They live in "Contra" Costa. He must have used UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START to get 30 lives. That would explain surviving 22 stab wounds, he was good for 8 more.

Since when were thumbsticks called joysticks?

ControllerAnatomy.png

Since a thumbstick is a joystick...

A joystick is an input device consisting of a stick that pivots on a base and reports its angle or direction to the device it is controlling.

A thubstick is just a joystick you can operate with your thumbs. :rolleyes:

Is it really that easy for a 17 kid to get a gun in the USA?u literaly have to undergo astronauts tests to be able to get a gun in my country ,but u guys seem to grow them in trees,and short trees so any kid can get a hold of one lol :))

Seems they practically do. Seems it's not unusual for one house to have at least three guns :p one documentary even showed a bank giving you a gun, free for every new account. :D

I think that falls under "blame the victim". Women who wear revealing clothing bear some responsibility for being raped too, right? :rolleyes:

Yes. If she's scantily clad and has a sign saying "rape me now." Why not.

And yes that sign is a key, since she with that sign is much like the guy telling him to come over and settle it.

A PC gamer would not have missed or been unsuccessful after nearly two dozen stabbings.

Learn to aim, noob.

The UK is a heavily populated small island where "subjects" have very little rights, if there were any place in the world where it would be easy to prevent the manufacture and import of guns it would be there, and yet you still read about gang shootings and gun problems over there as well.
one documentary even showed a bank giving you a gun, free for every new account. :D
1) Not to a minor
2) Only to someone that can legally own the gun after a background check

Ultimately though, this proves that if they don't use a gun, they'll use a machette, chainsaw, baseball bat with nails in it, or whatever else is at their disposal.

Don't blame the inanimate object, blame the violent douchebag wielding it, his friends/teachers/couselors for not reporting him a risk if they thought he had issues, and his parents that raised him.

They live in "Contra" Costa. He must have used UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START to get 30 lives. That would explain surviving 22 stab wounds, he was good for 8 more.

That or in the sense of CSS, he was using left click with the knife on a teammate (friend) who had kevlar (fat) on so it took many many stabs to kill, but ended up failing.

Back