Video Game Modding is Gateway to Criminal Hacking

In other news, "Government agency of clueless bureaucrats is found to be clueless."

Computer literacy is a gateway to cybercrime too, doesn't mean anyone should do anything about preventing it. Oh wait, someone might actually take that seriously.

So, they're saying that activities that lead to developing technical skills might correlate to people engaging in activities which require technical skills? Brilliant.

The number of practicing scientists who don't appear to know the difference between correlation and causation never ceases to astound me.

They are only reporters, don't confuse them with such big words. :p

Personally I learned a lot from hacking games on my old TRS-80 color computer. Main goal was to copy the games (backups and to be able to store multiple games on the same floppy. Computer only supported single sided floppies, so I hacked the hardware to make my dual sided drive look like 2 single sided floppies.
Then I was able to store multiple games on a single disk, and they also d several times faster without all the copy protection. Also hacked the cartridges and copied them to floppy, since I didn't like having to plug by floppy cartridge to plug in a game.
Lead to a 30+ year career in IT, not criminal activity (if you don't count ripping my own CD's and DVD's).

Back