• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Video Display Issue

adam7488

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
303
I've been using a Geforce FX 5700 LE 256mb. Whenever I play newer games or run 3DMark03 it gets a decent amount of fps, but looks really weird. Numerous amounts of lines go through the screen. Movement causes a weird fractured image. Fire has huge clouds of triangle shaped red around it. When I play games like Counter -Strike there is no distortion at all. Playing games like CS:Source give me the same problems even when I'm in the menu. When I run the stress test I see the same thing; it runs fine but it just looks like ugly ugly ass.

My guess is, the problem is originating from bad drivers that I may have installed to maximize performance.

I tried installing the original drivers. No luck.

Any ideas?

Any help is appreciated.

Adam.
 
Is it overclocked? What driver are you running? Did you use a driver cleaner before installing?
 
Since you're only getting fragmenting images during intensive games and stress tests, it sounds like a heat issue. I'd check the heatsink of the card and make sure it's flush with the ram/gpu. You can try reapplying some thermal compound, or RMA the card on the basis of overheating.
 
Back
Top