Video Conversion Help!

Alright guys, I have a few formats on my external. ISO's, AVI's (mp4,mpeg2, dvix, xvix etc.) that I want to convert universally into one single format. prefer h.264 for my Xbox 360. PLUS I want to throw everything into a queue and just leave my computer on for 3 months (jk, though I have ~465GB's of ISO's etc.) so I can get everything converted at once.

Do you guys know of any apps around, and it doesn't have to be free. I'm willing to pay good money to convert my whole DVD collection. Also, Handbrake for windows doesn't convert AVI's :( Thanks guys!

How about VirtualDub? There's a version that supports VOB files. You can try extracting all the VOB's from the ISO's, then run them through this. It supports queuing, so can set everything up & just let it run. I've used for tons of AVI's, but never tried VOB's.

Check it out here

Decrypted VOBs are just MPEG2 files, you can rename them to .mpg and work with 'em just fine, etc. VirtualDub and the variants that allow you to edit MPEG2/VOB files still won't save out as the same format, however; you'll have to convert to some other type of file format, obviously, the most common being AVI using a popular compression format like DivX or XviD, etc.

WinAVI can do a lot, so can Media Coder, or SUPER! these days. No one has yet to create the perfect transcoder, although I still keep hoping to find it someday. ;)

Back