Video Cards will not display with drivers installed.

Direkt

Weaksauce
I recently set the 2d clocks too high (stupid user error) on my X1800XT and so when windows would boot nothing would display (it would just go black even though I could tell windows was running due to sounds playing and whatnot). It would display in post/bios just fine and would also display when running in safe mode and after I unistalled the ati display drivers.

I formatted the hard drive thinking that perhaps the drivers got corrupted, this did nothing. So then I came to the conclusion that I had damaged my card.

Flash forward to today. I get a brand new X1900XT to replace my X1800XT. Reinstall drivers (after using DCPro) and it still displays a black screen with drivers installed! What could possibly be causing this to happen!? My only thought would be the PCIE16X slot being bad on the mobo, however I would think that cards would just plain not display at that point, not just when they don't have drivers installed.

I am at the end of my rope here. Any help you guys could give me would be most appreciated, thanks in advance.

Back