• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Video cards and TV-Out

dep01

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
Messages
175
Hello. I'd like to be able to run my video from my PC to my television. I have an "ok" television, about 39 inches, with a simple coax input on the back... No RCA, etc... And right now I don't have a video card that does TV out.

What are my options for achieving TV out to my television? Something that runs RCA to my VCR and then into my TV? Something into an RF Modulator? Any tips, specific video cards, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

dep
 
Bump, I was wondering about that myself.

Would a multi-input RF modulator work in this way?
 
yeah, I think you do need a RF modulator. You can get 'em all over the place like walmart. If you don't have RCA inputs, this is all you can use
 
So which vid-cards would you recommend that would do TV-Out to an RF modulator?
 
Bugalaman said:
yeah, I think you do need a RF modulator. You can get 'em all over the place like walmart. If you don't have RCA inputs, this is all you can use
I have mine connected to a VCR...that performs the conversion to coax, and lets me tape videos. VCR's are cheap / plentiful; the one I'm using wasn't even being used when I took it off the shelf.
 
What video card do you use? I'm trying to figure out a good video card that will allow TV-out to a VCR/RF Modulator...

dep
 
Any video card with composite video output (that's the little round metal RCA jack with yellow plastic, not the larger black thing with four pins in it) will work through a VCR or a modulator. Even if it has only s-video output or something, you can find adapters to go to composite (it's really quite simple, you just combine the signals. If you aren't afraid to do splicing, do it yourself.)
 
Back
Top