Video cards and bundles returning to amazon

Zarich

Limp Gawd
What happens if you don't open a video card and return it to amazon, but the card came with a downloadable thing. Like Nvidia comes with $150 game credit and ATI comes with two games. If you don't use those codes can they just cancel them so you get a full refund or do they charge you for them. Anyone know or tried?

I think they will do the right thing and take the codes back as long as they haven't been used.

Might be a restocking fee... Not sure.

Well, how would they know they havent been used? At least the codes I got with my GTX 670 (boarderlands 2 and AC3) did not have any sort of scratch of thing. I could have used them and sent them back the paper.

Well, how would they know they havent been used? At least the codes I got with my GTX 670 (boarderlands 2 and AC3) did not have any sort of scratch of thing. I could have used them and sent them back the paper.

They could probably check the code number or maybe once the code is used AMazon gets email confirmation. Doesn't seem like a hard task to keep track of the codes with computers.

/\ doesnt seem hard but is this really happening? hmmm, dont think so but I could be wrong.

I wonder though if once they send the code it is deleted from their system so the only person who has the code is the game maker... so disable it they would have to call the maker.

I believe they issue a partial refund based on the value of the promo if there was a promotional item distributed with the GPU. If you're just exchanging a card for the exact same product, I'm sure they just don't send you another promo code. It sounds like it'd be difficult if not impossible to keep track of whether or not promotional codes were actually used after they e-mail them out.

What happens if you don't open a video card and return it to amazon, but the card came with a downloadable thing. Like Nvidia comes with $150 game credit and ATI comes with two games. If you don't use those codes can they just cancel them so you get a full refund or do they charge you for them. Anyone know or tried?

So you think they are going to allow people to scam retailers by "buying" the card_using the game codes_then return the card for a full refund? Are you seriously asking that question?

You should be rightfully charged for the value of the games. Nvidia's bundle might be worth considerably less though since they are not giving you anything really tangible (virtual currency codes for a free to play game hardly compares to actual full retail games in the AMD bundle) so you might get away with it tho I doubt it.

Wow.. nice Maybe you should read the original post before attacking people

Amazon gets a block of codes from AMD. If you return one card I doubt there'd be any issue. If you return a bunch of cards unopened that have a game bundle I imagine they'd catch on.

Well I asked amazon CSR and basically it is case by case. They will work with you. Amazon has always been top notch.

Back