Video Card?

Phantom25

n00b
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
33
I'm thinking of buying the Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB? or other, my system specs:

- AMD Phenom X4 B55 3.2ghz (Unlocked to X4 quad-core at stock speed with stock HSF)
- 2GB DDR2-800
- 465W PSU with 26amps on +12V (not looking forward to buying new PSU)

I want to be able to play GTA4 smoothly and other high-end games...
 
I'm thinking of buying the Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB? or other, my system specs:

- AMD Phenom X4 B55 3.2ghz (Unlocked to X4 quad-core at stock speed with stock HSF)
- 2GB DDR2-800
- 465W PSU with 26amps on +12V (not looking forward to buying new PSU)

I want to be able to play GTA4 smoothly and other high-end games...

The 26amps is cutting it a bit close, your powersupply is not a particularily well known one for quality either.

I would recommend at least 30A on the +12. While the 5770 may only take aroud 10-15A, the system components and everything else added up would easily take more than the other 10A remaining. Most review sites suggest that for a typical system with a 5770, a 40A rating on the +12V rail would be neccessary. The 5770 itself consumes about 112 watts, that would be almost a quarter of your system load.

To be quite honest, I have a 5870 and GTA IV will still tax my system at 1680x1050 with FPS falling below 20 FPS at certain times but I max all my details. It's a good thing you have a quad core though, GTA IV is one of the most demanding games for the CPU.
 
Back
Top