Video Card Voltage. Multimeters

Firebat

Gawd
So, i need to get some voltages from my videocard... What settings do i need to have on my multimeter, and how exactly do i do the voltage measuring?

Just some slight Voltmodding. I just don't know what settings this multimeter has to be on, or how to get the voltage from one point.

It will probably be very difficult to measure the voltages with a multimeter, as you will have to identify the power line and a suitable ground, get the probes in contact with them, and hold it in place while running a load test.

You don't know what setting to use on the multimeter... and you trust yourself poking around? Hope you don't short anything...

You should use the lowest setting, on my multimeter it's 20v setting.

yeah if you can't figure out a meter than you have no business soldering onto a graphics board.

But feel free its your money!

I concur. If you know that you have to set your DVM to DC12V then you should not be poking around...

Unoid said:
yeah if you can't figure out a meter than you have no business soldering onto a graphics board.

But feel free its your money!

its like saying how do i use a wrench so i can change my sparkplugs :confused:

I got the point after the FIRST of the FOUR posts saying i don't know what im doing on the board. So i would prefer someone tell me HOW to use a multimeter, and let me tend to the rest.

breaking stuff is the best way to learn how not to break it again :D

Give the dude a break. :p

Firebat said:
I got the point after the FIRST of the FOUR posts saying i don't know what im doing on the board. So i would prefer someone tell me HOW to use a multimeter, and let me tend to the rest.

well? is it broke yet

Back