• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Video card upgrade...9800pro?

Phranq

Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
842
I'm not a big eye candy person really, I'm looking for a reasonably inexpensive card that will be able to play new games at 1024x768 with little to no aa/af. I was looking at a 9800pro for about $100. I put aa/af if I can do it with absolutely no lag, but I just like to to play the game without lagging.
 
It'd be a good upgrade for you then. The 9800 Pro has no problem doing that resolution on todays games.
 
What new games? Name them.

$100? jump on it... but are you sure it's 256bit ram?
Link??
~Adam
 
why not get 6600GT, it only costs a bit more and performance is a lot more from past reviews comparing the two :rolleyes:
 
I don't know, right now I'm playing Guild Wars fine, but it's not very graphics intensive...I just like to borrow games and play em from friends for a little while, I lost interest pretty fast in one game, heh. I'm looking for a card to last me until I decide to move to a pci-e board, yah it's 256-bit btw. Oh, I play a little bit if CS:S with friends too.
 
is the 6600GT worth the extra $50 though? that's an extra 50% price...
 
Phranq said:
is the 6600GT worth the extra $50 though? that's an extra 50% price...

Not at all. You'll notice a 10%~20% in performance increase, certainlly not worth the price increase.
 
perplex said:
that's a question only the asker should answer :rolleyes:

How can the asker answer that question without personal experience with both products? I'll give you my answer and that is no, the 6600GT is not worth the extra cost.
 
Well although I'd say I probably prefer Nvidia, mostly because I like their drivers...I'm thinking that there won't be too many games that the 9800pro can't play, but the 6600gt can, on low settings i mean.
 
I love my 9800...it's paid for and runs all the games I can throw at it. Someday I will get something better, but until then, who cares :)
 
Back
Top