Video Card under $200

CannonDub

Limp Gawd
I am a long-time [H] member but it has been a while since I have been around, mostly due to the fact that I was out of work for so long that PC parts was the furthest thing from my mind. Now that things are on the right track I am looking for GPU recommendations in the $150-$200 range.

The use is for gaming and lately I the only graphically intense thing I run is RIFT (nearly) maxed. Other than that I play Torchlight II, Saints Row Third, FTL, etc.

The system in my sig is still accurate, so I currently have a 5830 that is starting to die on me. As far as Red or Green preference, I don't really care. I just want bang for buck.

Best "bang for you buck" card right now is the 7870. You frequently can find one for around $200 after a 10-20 dollar rebate.

With newer releases coming up in the next 3-6 months, I would anticipate this card dropping towards the $170 range.

there even has been deals with tomb raider and bioshock which you can sell here on the forum for $60 making that card (which can be found here and there for about $200) way sub $200

I havent seen a 7870 for under $200 in a very long time (even after rebate). If you don't want to screw around with selling this and than and waiting on some rebate you will get never, a 7850 is a good choice. For $200 you can get one with a very nice cooler on it for some overclocking headroom.

atm the cheapest I can find is $220 but it does come with the games taht he can easily flip for $60. Hell, if he makes it $50 it will sell in a day over here in the forum.

Then he will have a much better card than the 7850 for $170.

However I have seem them for $200 a few times I believe.

Well, since Bioshock Infinite is going to be one of those rare games that breaks my "Never Pay Full Price for Video Games" rule AND I have played all theTomb Raiders by Crystal Dynamics, I'm going to roll with that 7870. (I was out of work a long time, f*ck it I'll treat myself.)

Any recommendations on which manufacturer to go with? My Gigabyte 5830 held on for almost 3 years and I plan to claim its 3 year warranty. :cool:

Pretty much no competition, 7870 all the way. It's a very solid mid-ranged card, and Nvidea has nothing at that price point to combat it. Pick the one that's right for you, taking into consideration brand and cooling, and enjoy your gaming! Check for rebates and open boxes, and if you're not adverse to buying used you can easily find one in the sub-200 category.

Back