Video card testing software?

bradyapba

Gawd
Is there software that will test your video card for bad pixels, etc, when you OC?

Back in the day, ATI used to have a tool, (looked like a fuzzy ball) that it would run, and if it got and error/bad pixel, etc... it would tell you, and thats how you would know you OCed too far.

Does anything like that exist today? I cant seem to find anything.

Ok, i have furmark, and use it. I have never seen any pass/fail? Maybe its becuase ive just always passed, and never noticed? I thought it just gave you a score. Where does it tell you, you passed? Im guessing you dont get a score? Or, im just probably using it wrong :)

have not used in a while.Would just let it run and test for heat related issues and artifacting.Last time I used the test the card(ati)got to 82c and I quit.There were no problems.

It's not going to say, Pass/Fail. You're going to see spots, distorted pixels or your display driver is going to crash.

Note, that if you're RAM is too high, you will not see anything wrong with it... your performance, however, will be slower. It's due to auto-correction in new ram dimms. So, you will have to look at other peoples scores and see if you're close when overclocking the RAM. The core, however, will give all sorts of signs that it's not happy if too high.

AH!!! That makes sense. The old ATi tool, when it got a bad pixel, would tell you, because sometimes you couldnt see it.

I miss that.

Thanks for the info gents.

Back