Video Card Temps?

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
What are you video card temps with CPU and video card loaded with, for example, P95 and Furmark?

RTX 3060 Ti AMP White Edition LHR
Ryzen 3600

Monitoring: HWiNFO64

Card hits high 70Cs
Hot spot 80-82C

Last edited:
4 mins of each running at the same time, Heatkiller IV block on the cpu, EK Block on the vid card, 2x 3x140 rads, D5 Pump, I should note that the video card is shunt modded with a 5mOhm Resistor stack so the card is roughly putting out 460 watts at full load. So this is quite a bit more heat than a stock 3060ti. If your card is on air I would assume that your temps would be right assuming that you have the proper case airflow.

1670195413541.png

4 mins of each running at the same time, Heatkiller IV block on the cpu, EK Block on the vid card, 2x 3x140 rads, D5 Pump, I should note that the video card is shunt modded with a 5mOhm Resistor stack so the card is roughly putting out 460 watts at full load. So this is quite a bit more heat than a stock 3060ti. If your card is on air I would assume that your temps would be right assuming that you have the proper case airflow.
Are your vid card temps 57C? My case is an ITX case and its thermals are . . . other than normal. It's a square tower that discharges heat more as a result of convection that fans. In fact, the only fan that can actually affect outside air is the top fan exhausting air. You can use a fan in the back, but blowing in hit the back of the motherboard, and then departs through vents to the outside. IN other words, it cannot affect internal air into the main chamber. From my experience, letting it pull air is only going to pull it in through the side vents. So it's rather useless. The other fan can be installed in the bottom over the PSU, but again, it cannot pull in fresh air because it's too far away from vents so 'suck' air from the outside. the best it could do is help internal circulation, and since the bottom vents holes are pretty close together, not really all that effective at circulation, either. I'm not worried about the CPU. It does fine. I am concerned about the cards heat.

Even when playing games, and games that aren't even that hard on the card, it's cooking. The main fan only spins to 2100RPM, and it can spin to 5000RPM, so I have that headroom if I want to try it. I'd have to use Zotac's software or something else to get a hold of the fan curve on the card. Should I use Afterburner for the card fan curve, or just use Zotac's software?

The card is a RTX 3060 Ti AMP White Edition LHR
240 watt.
Case: Thermaltake The Tower 100 (120mm AIO in the top with it's fan as the only fan in the entire case.)

PXL_20221112_045800754.jpg

Are your vid card temps 57C? My case is an ITX case and its thermals are . . . other than normal. It's a square tower that discharges heat more as a result of convection that fans. In fact, the only fan that can actually affect outside air is the top fan exhausting air. You can use a fan in the back, but blowing in hit the back of the motherboard, and then departs through vents to the outside. IN other words, it cannot affect internal air into the main chamber. From my experience, letting it pull air is only going to pull it in through the side vents. So it's rather useless. The other fan can be installed in the bottom over the PSU, but again, it cannot pull in fresh air because it's too far away from vents so 'suck' air from the outside. the best it could do is help internal circulation, and since the bottom vents holes are pretty close together, not really all that effective at circulation, either. I'm not worried about the CPU. It does fine. I am concerned about the cards heat.

Even when playing games, and games that aren't even that hard on the card, it's cooking. The main fan only spins to 2100RPM, and it can spin to 5000RPM, so I have that headroom if I want to try it. I'd have to use Zotac's software or something else to get a hold of the fan curve on the card. Should I use Afterburner for the card fan curve, or just use Zotac's software?

The card is a RTX 3060 Ti AMP White Edition LHR
240 watt.
Case: Thermaltake The Tower 100 (120mm AIO in the top with it's fan as the only fan in the entire case.)

View attachment 531951
yes video card temps are 57c. They never reach 60c even after 20 mins with the same test.... My case is a Thermaltake View 71, Running 6 Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM Fans. My D5 pump is set on high. I am pulling air from the outside of the case through the radiators and exhausting out of the case using the stock thermaltake fans. I would say more airflow is needed but you are limited by your case size. I would say that those temps are high but not unrealistic. What is your water temp delta at idle and at load... That will tell more of the story. If the zotac software does not allow curve control I would recommend either afterburner or precision x1 from evga. If you can control the curve in the zotac software you could use that also.... I have never tried the zotac software.

View attachment 531822
Good Temps! What kind of boost speeds do you see on your 5950X?

yes video card temps are 57c. They never reach 60c even after 20 mins with the same test.... My case is a Thermaltake View 71, Running 6 Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM Fans. My D5 pump is set on high. I am pulling air from the outside of the case through the radiators and exhausting out of the case using the stock thermaltake fans. I would say more airflow is needed but you are limited by your case size. I would say that those temps are high but not unrealistic. What is your water temp delta at idle and at load... That will tell more of the story. If the zotac software does not allow curve control I would recommend either afterburner or precision x1 from evga. If you can control the curve in the zotac software you could use that also.... I have never tried the zotac software.
No idea what the water temp is, but at idle, with ambient at 23C, the CPU runs at around 36 average (3600X right now, but I have a replacement coming for my 3600, but they idle the same). The card is of course on air and idles at 54 average GPU chip temp and (64.9 "hot spot" as identified in HWiNFO64) with fans set at zero while ideling. The average number is calculated on the fly as one number in HWiNFO64. I could try a back fan to see if that might feed the card with more outside air, but I doubt it's going to do anything.

Good Temps! What kind of boost speeds do you see on your 5950X?

5175 Mhz is the highest that I am able to achieve on the "good" cores on ccd1 and 5125 Mhz is the highest on ccd2

No idea what the water temp is, but at idle, with ambient at 23C, the CPU runs at around 36 average (3600X right now, but I have a replacement coming for my 3600, but they idle the same). The card is of course on air and idles at 54 average GPU chip temp and (64.9 "hot spot" as identified in HWiNFO64) with fans set at zero while ideling. The average number is calculated on the fly as one number in HWiNFO64. I could try a back fan to see if that might feed the card with more outside air, but I doubt it's going to do anything.

I would try and feed the case more air, it might make a difference. depending on how much airflow you add.

5175 Mhz is the highest that I am able to achieve on the "good" cores on ccd1 and 5125 Mhz is the highest on ccd2

I would try and feed the case more air, it might make a difference. depending on how much airflow you add.
Of course, but there is no way to add air to it unless I want to strap fans on the outside, or rig a series of 50mm fans to the bottom vents. I could try the back fan again. It mad no difference with CPU temps. I read on other forums that the temps I am getting are not unusual for the 3060ti AMP cards, as the coolers are not that great. Also, they said that if the car needs it, it WILL ramp up fan #1 to up to 5000 RPM, and it will always throttle also, so unless I'm seeing a FPS drop that causes problems, do to throttling I think maybe I won't worry too much about it.

Otherwise, I was thinking about setting the case on top of this 10" fan, since the bottom of my case is 10" x 10":

61uD0+1lHjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

890 CFM and

950 Pa Pressure​

I think that ought to be enough airflow. The only downside is no RGB. Ima call this build: "The Turbine."

Back