Video card suggestions

Jeffman

Gawd
Hey guys/gals,

I'm looking for a suggestion on video cards. For work I'm in the process of replacing 12 workstations. I need to find an option for a video card that can drive 5 displays from a single card. A variation of DisplayPort is preferred for outputs. I'd like to shy away from AMD, we tried a few FirePro W600 cards and they just gave us random display problems and BSOD's. Looking at the NVS810 or the Matrox C680, but is there any other option out there? Would like to keep under $500 per card if I can find something. I realize the two I just mentioned are closer to $600-$700, which is why I'm asking.

Need atleast 2GB RAM, GPU speeds don't really matter. They're just basic workstations, no monitor is ever doing anything really intense. Might be viewing some GPS mapping on one of the screens, but that would be the worst of it.

Thanks!

Some people just can't be bothered to read the OP. First response is for AMD cards when the OP said he didn't want AMD cards.

OP, I'm not sure you're going to be able to find what you want in the price range you are looking in. Maybe a 4 port card with a splitter. I've read that display port can run more than one independent monitor per port with the right splitter. However, you might end of spending just as much money going that route as you would with either of your above choices.

Maybe something like this with the appropriate splitter?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...39701&cm_re=nvs810-_-9SIAE8D6139701-_-Product

OP, I'm not sure you're going to be able to find what you want in the price range you are looking in. Maybe a 4 port card with a splitter. I've read that display port can run more than one independent monitor per port with the right splitter. However, you might end of spending just as much money going that route as you would with either of your above choices.

Maybe something like this with the appropriate splitter?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...39701&cm_re=nvs810-_-9SIAE8D6139701-_-Product

Funny you posted that, as that is one of the cards we currently run for 4 of the monitors. We have an NVS 310 to run the 5th monitor now. We have a few problems with one of the pieces of software we are running, and the vendor swears it's because we're running 5 monitors off of 2 graphics cards, and won't troubleshoot it much further for us until we move to a single card for all 5.

If a splitter actually works with the NVS 510, then I could just pull them and reuse them for the new workstations. I've never tried splitting a DiaplayPort output.

Some people just can't be bothered to read the OP. First response is for AMD cards when the OP said he didn't want AMD cards.
No, he said he would like to shy away, not that he is 100% set on it. That is the way I see it.

Back