video card stands

OFaceSIG

2[H]4U
My EVGA X79 sli board was terribly designed and sandwiches my two 290 R9s right next to each other. I know there are extension cables that allow you to run a video card away from the motherboard now. But does anyone know specifically of any stands that are separate from the computer case and hold video cards in a stable position? Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

An external DAC might work better for you.
USB Stereo are readily available and have a large range in quality and price, you can get headphone versions.
HDMI 5.1 are not so common and cost more, although there are cheaper versions that use spdif, but these will have compressed audio.
It depends what you want.

An external DAC might work better for you.
USB Stereo are readily available and have a large range in quality and price, you can get headphone versions.
HDMI 5.1 are not so common and cost more, although there are cheaper versions that use spdif, but these will have compressed audio.
It depends what you want.

i think you posted in the wrong thread lol

Do you have a sheet-metal fabricator near you (check yelp and google maps)?

I think I'd go that route if I couldn't find anything... It'd be a cooling-duct and desktop-mount-box at the same time.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470944 - some of the miners cooked up huge solutions. I was thinking more of a box into which the video card's L-bracket is bolted... I'd make the box wide enough to accommodate a 120mm fan = perfect duct.

Last edited:
i think you posted in the wrong thread lol

haha, yep.
I somehow read video as audio, and thought he didnt have room for an audio card, dur.
It was time for bed, perhaps it was a dream.

OP.. Check and look for a good powered PCI-E x16 to x16 riser cable.. And separate the card as much as the cable allow you.. (Generally you got like 4 slots of space) that will help easily with your issue and its cheaper than make a whole mini case or stand separated from the machine..

lava I'm looking at all my options. I don't mind separating out my cards but if I can find a decent mother I wouldn't mind going that route either.

Back