• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Video Card Size Comparison

ßeta

n00b
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
63
I would like to know if there is much more of an increase in length between the GTX280/260 and the 8800 GTS 512. If anyone happens to have bot cards and could take some size comparison pics or take some measurements on the GTX.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
 
yup, I have a 8800GTS 512 but GTX260/280s won't fit in my Antec Super Lanboy case.
The length of nVIdia highend cards are getting rediculous, I hope they tame down on their next gen.
 
sweet so it should fit in my case with about half an inch to spare between it and the hard drive cage. If i were to get a gtx280 do you think it would be worth it to keep the gts for a PPU or just sell it?
 
sell it, using it as a ppu doesnt add much fps and if anything wastes a lot of power
 
yup, I have a 8800GTS 512 but GTX260/280s won't fit in my Antec Super Lanboy case.
The length of nVIdia highend cards are getting rediculous, I hope they tame down on their next gen.

Getting? They've been the same length since 8800GTX. It just looks longer with GTX260/280 because it's fully enclosed, whereas 8800GTX had a couple inches that was not under any heatsink.

3870x2 and 4870x2 are as long if not longer..
 
This is something I've been wondering about myself actually - I've got a Lian Li case and the hard drive enclosure would currently limit me from a hard much longer than the 8800gts 320 I have in it right now.

Is there any expectation of new NVidia cards ever going back down to 9 inches, or is 10.5" pretty much what we should expect from now on? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to mod/remove my current case's hard drive enclosure or even move to an all new case.
 
Is there any expectation of new NVidia cards ever going back down to 9 inches

At the rate their going, not bloody likely. Don't let a dwinky case stop you from upgrading equipment that really matters. Mod or upgrade the case, this is freakin [H]
 
At the rate their going, not bloody likely

Figures, I guess. Probably not a bad idea to think of doing a completely new build anyway (on an Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard right now, and am going to need to upgrade from my 500w PSU too - if I'm thinking of moving to i7 anyway, might as well consider getting a newer deeper case too).
 
Back
Top