Video card shutdown?

my video card has been acting up like a bitch for lack of better terminology. OK but down to when why and how will i fix it. I have an Asus X800XL, and i have oc;ed it. Everything is going fine until 5.10 drivers, now the card shuts off, i think cause the Ram is getting to hot, even though it really isnt. Is there a way to disable the shut-off temp threshold?, i have a lot of airflow, going to put in the fan i got for SLI with my mobo see if that helps any. The core like doesnt raise in temps at all thats why i came to the conclusion it was the video RAM. I did do some testing to make sure it wasnt anything else, and i primed it for 13 hours, without error, but when i do video artifact testing it will shut off after a while, so i figured had to be the card. Anyone have any suggesting or if they experiencing the same problems chime in.

Are you using Ati Tray Tools to test for artifacts? After downloading the 5.10s and OCing my x800xt, my screen would go blank all of a sudden during artifact testing. The card was stable through 3dMark and during gaming, but testing for artifacts sometimes locked it up. Never figured out why, but it works find all the rest of the time.

Agromahdi123 said:
yea i am using ATI tray tools

Well then, if the only time it shuts down is when using Tray Tools to artifact test, I would suggest just avoiding that program. It caused trouble for me. If it shuts down at other times, you can either roll back to the 5.9s or clock everything down a little. Otherwise, I dunno... Reading around it seems as though ATI drivers have had similiar problems in the past.

Back