• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

video card roundup

badboysean

n00b
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Messages
47
anyone have a link for a vid card comparison of all the last gen and new vid cards compared side by side ... Like a graph, I know ive seen it before .. thanx
 
www.tomshardware.com

I havent looked at them much myself, but I assume that it is at least an OK comparison.

What are you thinking of? Buying a new card I assume. What's the budget? What are you gonna do with it?
 
I would like something similar. But alot more simple. Just, what pwns what. Mainly just looking at the 6x00 series and x800. Since ATi has so many cards, I get confused as to which are better. So if anyone could help out....Btw, I'm just talking in general.
 
Hey Russ, im going to be putting a new system together so im checking out all the new cards.

I really dont want to spend more than $250 for a card so ive been trying to compare the best bang for the buck cards. I was thinking about an x800xl or even a 6800 gt if I can find a decent deal on one since I wont be buying for another month or so.

The 7800 GT looks great but a little out of my price range atm. I will be doing serious gaming with the new rig so its gotta be something halfway decent.

Any of these cards are a step up from my 9800 pro but my 9800 ran HL2 and everything else I threw at it no prob so im not worried. To be honest I would still be using my 9800 pro but my motherboard went out and I decided to just put together a new pci-e system..

I really should put another rig together with the 9800 pro though its a great card.
 
Well, the X800XL and 6800GT are the most common, and mostly regarded as having the best bang for buck. I believe (haven't owned one personally) that ATI's nomenclature works like vanilla (X800), pro, XL, XT, XTPE (in order of increasing performance). I'm not sure where the X800GT fits in, or the X850 and X850XT. The X850XTPE is the fastest last gen single card solution out there though, beats the 6800Ultra slightly on most things (unless it's optimized for nvidia, i.e. Doom3).
 
Back
Top