Video card recommendations for Vista?

mushrooms

Gawd
My boss is asking about video cards and Vista compatibility. I told him i have a 7800GT that runs fine on Vista, but he doesn't need something that powerful. What current cards out there are the most minimum you can run without being TOO SLOW.

He wants to be able to run Aero on Vista, without spending $300 on a video card. What are you recommendations from ATI and nVidia?

mushrooms said:
My boss is asking about video cards and Vista compatibility. I told him i have a 7800GT that runs fine on Vista, but he doesn't need something that powerful. What current cards out there are the most minimum you can run without being TOO SLOW.

He wants to be able to run Aero on Vista, without spending $300 on a video card. What are you recommendations from ATI and nVidia?

You need a VGA capable videocard... so that pretty much sums up about every single videocard on the market.

I'm running an old Geforce mx440 on vista. Its not running aero, but it is running and running fairly smoothly too.

MS lists the minimum requirement for Aero as a 128MB video card.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it yet. If your boss is after the bare minimum to run Aero, it'll be cheaper in 6+ months when the OS is actually released. Plus you'll have a better idea at that point what the minimum actually is - 128MB sounds a bit exaggerated to me.

Back