• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

video card progression

Shalafi

Fully [H]
Joined
Nov 6, 2009
Messages
22,973
what's the performance difference between a 5750 and a 5770? what's the difference between a 5770 and a 5850? I don't need to know 5850 to 5870, i'm just interested in whether to buy a 5770 or 5850
 
Pretty much any review of those cards would answer your question, I suggest reading some.
 
hmmm

i'm trying to decide between getting a 5770 or a 5850 for my next build next month

i game at 1680x1050 BUT I do want to buy a 1920x1200 monitor too, but not right away, maybe getting the monitor a month or 2 after building the system
 
Then get the 5850. The 5770 is weaker than the 5850.

Or you can buy two 5770 and CF it for better performance -- it nearly outperforms the 5870 in some cases.
 
crossfire has it's own problems, which is why i'm going with a single gpu

i know what you're suggesting is a good thing though.
 
CF problems has been mostly fixed. You shouldn't expect the driver nightmares or weird issues with certain games anymore, they were all fixed. If there's any weird or unusual CF problems with a certain game, it is usually patched quickly.
 
I would say just go with the 5850. I was trying to decide on a similar decision a few days ago, and decided on that. If I decide I need more performance, I'd just get a another one for CF. A 5770 is basically the same performance as a 4870.
 
Back
Top