Video Card Options

NoOther

Supreme [H]ardness
So I just bought an LG OLED55C6P TV to use as my gaming system monitor. Obviously I would like to game at 4k with the highest settings possible. I am looking at buying at least one Titan XP, but would like some suggestions from people with similar 4k display setups.

Here is my current system:

Asus Max Ex IV;
i7 2600k;
16GB Corsair Veng;
2xEVGA Titan;
840 Pro 512;
Win 10 64bit;
3840x2160

What I would like to know is if the Titan XP alone will be able to handle 4k at High settings, or would I need 2? Or would it better to go with 2x1080s? Also, would I need to upgrade my system to 2xTitan XPs or 1080s?

Id think your CPU would be more of a bottleneck, I would go with one titan XP or 2x 1080 IMO

Id think your CPU would be more of a bottleneck, I would go with one titan XP or 2x 1080 IMO

Perhaps, but I haven't noticed that too much to be honest. I was looking at upgrading my CPU and MB come next year with the next batch of Intel chips, but now I think I am going to wait for the new AMD chips and see what they do. In the meantime, I believe my MB and CPU will make do if I just upgrade the GPU. I have played a number of games already at 4k with my Titans, but they do struggle a bit at the higher levels.

sounds like you already have a nice setup, other than the older CPU. the new crabby lake CPUs are only 1-3% faster than current skyline.

Back