• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Video card help

Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
37
Hey guys I have a question about the video card I got today. I installed everything and its been running for 10 hours. Well I took the cover off of my comp to check everything out and my card seems to be pretty hot to the touch...is this alright? I mean I know its gonna run warm but I wanna make sure its not gonna burn up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Rob
 
which video card do u have???

nvidia - download ntune or forceware to find temp of ur vc

ati - CCC overdrive or ati tool

rivatuner works good for both video card...
 
which video card do u have???

nvidia - download ntune or forceware to find temp of ur vc

ati - CCC overdrive or ati tool

rivatuner works good for both video card...


ok the current temp its running is 66* C....I dont think thats very good do you?

EDIT: Now its at 70* C
 
Alright thank you...ATI Radeon X1650
I'm pretty sure you are well within the safe range. one thing that may help is installing a utility like ATi tool that will allow you to control the fan speed, the way ATi has it set, the fan never really goes above about 35% in normal operating temps, I have adjusted mine to come up to 100% when the card is over 60C.
 
I'm pretty sure you are well within the safe range. one thing that may help is installing a utility like ATi tool that will allow you to control the fan speed, the way ATi has it set, the fan never really goes above about 35% in normal operating temps, I have adjusted mine to come up to 100% when the card is over 60C.

Alright I got the program, thanks bro. Im doing the same thing as you with it at 100% when over 60*C but is this really alright? Will it hurt the fan to run at those speeds?

Thanks again
-rob
 
I would think about an RMA, my wife has an x1650pro and it idles at 44 celcius and at load sometimes hits the high 60s, while that temp is safe it is definately not a normal perameter. My x1950 Pros idle at 42 celcius. This is all on stock cooling.
 
I would think about an RMA, my wife has an x1650pro and it idles at 44 celcius and at load sometimes hits the high 60s, while that temp is safe it is definately not a normal perameter. My x1950 Pros idle at 42 celcius. This is all on stock cooling.

Yeah but the x1650pro is a $100 more than my card.
 
Back
Top