• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Video Card for S-Video

akapaulk

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 21, 2002
Messages
1,315
I plan on connecting my computer to my 27" Sony TV with an S-Video connection. I would like to use it as a secondary monitor.

I have not bought the cable, however I will probably need to upgrade my video card. What option should I be looking for in a video card for optimal S-Video quality, especially higher resolution.
 
S-Video really doesnt provide a good picture at all. I tested it once, and you cant even read the text it displays. If you want to hook your tv up to a secondary monitor, see if you tv has compnent video inputs and buy a DVI-Component adapter for your video card.
 
Lazy_Moron said:
S-Video really doesnt provide a good picture at all. I tested it once, and you cant even read the text it displays. If you want to hook your tv up to a secondary monitor, see if you tv has compnent video inputs and buy a DVI-Component adapter for your video card.

I have thought of that, however my TV only has one set of component video inuts and that is already used up by my DVD player.
 
From what I've seen with s-video connections produce bad picture quality. The highest resolution you can get with a s-video cable is 1024x768, which is a decent resolution, but I much rather prefer 1280x1024 :cool: . Also I have played CS:Source on 1024x768 with a computer monitor and it looks a lot better than the tv. If you get a 6600gt its a really good card because for the price it can handle many games today just fine @ 1024x768.
 
Back
Top