• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Video card for Racing Sims

boboli

n00b
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
9
Hi all...
I'm decideing to upgrade my actual system to PCI-E...
I only play racing sims (GTR - RFactor in a few days) online, so I don't really care bout FPS in FPS (frame per second in first person shooters :rolleyes: ) and unfortunately all the articles I read speaks about such games...
In Italy (I'm italian) the 800XL is actually 50€ (70 us $) cheaper than the 6800GT and it's not a bad thing but I've read about the Shader Model 3.0 that is supported from the NV40 architecture (R430 does not)

I will use the card on my Sony 17" LCD at 1280*1024 on a DFI LP UT with a 3000/3200 Venice core CPU

than you for the help :D
Roberto
 
get anything really...
x800xl
x800xt
x850xt
6800 Gt, ultra
7800 GT, GTX

those all will do pretty decent in racing sims im sure
 
My 6600GT can run GTR constantly over 50FPS - 1024x768, max settings, 2XAA and 4X or 8XAF (can't remember)

what do you currently have now?
So an X800XL should be nice :)
 
thanx
actually running a 9800Pro on a 3200+ Barton
no real problems now but I will not buy a new AGP card so PCIE is the way to go and upgrade the entire system :)
 
hauntedfury said:
if ur budget allows then a 7800GTX would be very nice

That'd be a bit too extreme for him, since he wants to play the SimBin GTR sim game. My 9700pro runs GTR on highest at 1024x768 and I'm on a 3200+ Barton too, flawlessly and no problems at all when the screen is filled with 30 cars. I think a X800XL or 6800GT is plentiful for him.
 
stay with an ati card. my 7800gtx shimmers like mad in gtr and n2003. to get the same I/Q my x800xtpe had my 7800gtx runs about 10% SLOWER. I too play alot of racing sims and was very disapointed in my 7800.

Now BF2 and the fear demo are great on the 7800 but the lines on the track and the stuff in the distance in gtr, n2003 and gt legends shimmer like crazy with the nvidia stuff.
 
spruce said:
stay with an ati card. my 7800gtx shimmers like mad in gtr and n2003. to get the same I/Q my x800xtpe had my 7800gtx runs about 10% SLOWER. I too play alot of racing sims and was very disapointed in my 7800.

Now BF2 and the fear demo are great on the 7800 but the lines on the track and the stuff in the distance in gtr, n2003 and gt legends shimmer like crazy with the nvidia stuff.

that was the answer I was looking for....not "ATI or Nvidia" but real issues with my favorite games ;)
 
Mr. Stryker said:
That'd be a bit too extreme for him, since he wants to play the SimBin GTR sim game. My 9700pro runs GTR on highest at 1024x768 and I'm on a 3200+ Barton too, flawlessly and no problems at all when the screen is filled with 30 cars. I think a X800XL or 6800GT is plentiful for him.

found my self a new game thanks ;)
 
Back
Top