• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Video Card for HTPC

maxse

Gawd
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
516
Well I have an old 4200Ti and i had a friend bring in his 5600FX and wow the difference in TV-Out is amazing. Did they change the TV-out chip or something on these models?

Now I was def. going to get the ATi9600XT fanless. But now since I see nvidia can be very good too, Im thinking og gettin the 5600 as well. What would u guys say? Is there a Fanless Nvidia card out there? And to what model would the 5600FX comapre too, maybe I should just get the 5700? In addition are these fans quiet on the nvidia if not fanless? Sorry for all these questions its just a big decission for me and I have everything else in need except this. Thanks

P.S. Im currently considering this MSI nVIDIA GeForce FX5700 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "FX5700-TD128

Its about $40 cheaper then the 9600XT Fanless.
 
I would have to say ATi always seemed a lot better when it came to TV-Out, and this is coming from a guy whos never bought ATI. I had a laptop for work that had an ATI chip and the TV-Out was so much better than my FX.
 
thanks man. I dunno though read some reviews and decided on the FX5700

Is there a big difference in terms of tv out with the regular 5700 and the ultra?
 
Back
Top