video card for 1920x1080

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
5,086
Doing a new build and i need some input on what card to get.I like nvidia more and would like to use them instead of ati.Budget is $200 please help out and explain your answer for me.

I plan on doing an i5 build or a Q9550 build.Either or will be good since it is a quad and I really only web browse and play call of duty online,Thanks everyone
 
Not really going to recommend something, that is up to you. Just going to say that a 260GTX would do the trick nicely. I have 2 of them on my 32" at that res and one could do everything i need - even gaming. Just something to think about in deciding, so you dont wonder if you need a 285 to run it.
 
I currently run a 5870 and coming from a BFG GTX 280 OCX I can say the ATI card is noticeably better, but it isn't in your price range and is definitely over kill at 1920 x 1080.

A 4890 would probably do the job nicely, but it all depends on what you are looking for in image quality.

A GTX 260 will work well, but it will suffer if you turn up the eye candy.

After looking on Newegg, it looks like for your budget you'll have to choose between the GTX 260 and the the HD4890. ATI drivers have come a long way so I'm thinking you'd be pretty happy either way. I guess you should look up some reviews pitting the two against each other.
 
+1 for the 4890. If you don't mind rebates they can be found for $160 or so. Off the top of my head I think the 4890 was closer to a GTX 275 which is around $250.

My 4890 has done well with everything I've thrown at it (FC2, L4D, Grid, etc...) and generally at high to highest settings. This is at 1680x1050 res. so I cannot comment on higher, but (againt IIRC) many benchs showed it to be a solid performer at 1920x1200.

GTX 260 if you MUST have Nvidia (because it is within budget). Better bang for your buck with the 4890.
 
+1 for 4890, or if you want a little more performance and DX11 look for a 5850 (although they are insanely hard to find nowadays)
 
Back
Top