• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Video Card Fan Header: Power?

prime2515102

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2003
Messages
1,603
I was just wondering if anybody knows how much power the fan headers on video cards can provide, or if you've tried using a large case fan with a video card's header.

I just bought a 120mm fan that I zip-tied onto an S1 and I found an adapter that will let me plug it into the video card's header.

The fan is rated .35A, 4.2W ±10%. You think this would fry the card? It's an HD 4850 (original reference design).

I tried to search for this but couldn't find anything on it.

Thanks :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize it was a PWM fan on the card (4 pin). I did see that the stock fan was .4A though, so I'm gonna guess the max power is probably .5A~.6A
 
Last edited:
Back
Top