Video card fan control- riva tuner

ITSTHINKING

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm not getting any answers so I'll post here, probably more appropriate anyway. I need to know how big a risk I'm taking putting the fan contol up to 100% fan duty in riva tuner. I'm doing some oc'ing and the temps are much lower on 100% than default. I don't want to risk the fan going out and frying my card. What do you think?

The fan will not die, not at least for a long time... U'll out live its usefullness so go ahead or you could get a better heatsink for ur video card as I've did and it dropped so much in temps... May I make a suggestion if u do want to get much better cooling solution - get what I have and you'll not be unimpressed with this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118001

thhank you so much for the quick response. It's funny how these things can scare the shit out of us at times. I was so worried that at any second the fan might die and all i'd see where green pxels everywhere :LOL:

Fan should run for years and years. I've got a video card from 2002 with the stock fan still on it. I also use the stock fan from a voodoo 3 3000 to cool my northbridge and that's gotta be five or six years old by now.

Okay I was going to ask about leaving the computer on for hours and overnight while I'm sleeping with the fan running 100% (I download lot's of stuff) It should be fine right? You can really hear the difference in how this thing is running. The sound doesn't really bother me, I was just worried I would be stressing it out to much though.

100% fine. Yeah for nearly 2 years my PC was on almost 24/7/365 when I was a folder

have you set your fan's higher then default? Like with riva tuner?
Not doubting you or anything just courius

I always max out my fan speeds via rivatuner. It's totally harmless-the fan is rated to run at that speed anyway. Don't worry about it!

ITSTHINKING said:
have you set your fan's higher then default? Like with riva tuner?
Not doubting you or anything just courius
Higher than default, no; but 100% for years and years, yes

Cool, I wonder why Nvidia has the default set so low? Default is only 40% They can get way better temps out of their card if they had them set 100% from the get go.

Good question; maybe noise maybe lifespan; although as I said they'll go years at 100%

GonzoP said:
Good question; maybe noise maybe lifespan; although as I said they'll go years at 100%
I nearly read that as Noise lifespan and I went like WTF :confused:

Back