Video card dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creepin_D

[H]ard|Gawd
Turned on my system last night after being shutdown for two weeks, and noticed small green "flashing lights" on the dark parts of my desktop.

Today when trying to install video card drivers, my system would randomly reboot while doing the install. After much trying I got the newest BETA drivers to install. I am still getting green dots in desktop, web browsing, video watching, and game playing.

Is one of my video cards on the way out? Here is a pic of what it looks like when I go into my BIOS. Mind you its not nearly that bad when my system is fully booted, in fact I can barely notice it when gamming, but I think its something I need to keep an eye on.

Here is a screen shot of my desktop, I dunno if the "green dots" can be seen in the pic, but it is there.

definitely i can't see any green dot in the desktop Pic.. but the lines in BIOS are definitely vRAM issues... i would keep an eye in the vRAM temps and voltages... but thats a symptom of a dying card that need to be cooked ASAP.. =D.

hahaha, never baked a card before hahaha

Can I assume that the bad card is the one that I have my monitor plugged into?

best way its just to check each card individually....

I agree, that would be the best way. But that will not be easy with my current system :(

So just a little update on my video issue.

I used DDU to remove my old drivers, installed the latest drivers from AMD, and now all the greens dots are gone...dunno why and don't care :D

NSA, man. They thought they could embed pixel trackers into your background.

I would seriously hate to disassemble that loop though. Glad it worked out for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back