• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Video Card died, need suggestions!

C|ip$3

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
164
My 9800Pro died last night and I need suggestions on what I should do next.. I have three ideas in mind now. Im using a MSI K7N2 Delta and 3000+ XP right now.

My ideas:

1. Just buy a BFG GEFORCE 6800 GT OC AGP8X 256MB.
2. Save myself $200+ and buy another 9800Pro.
3. Or switch to PCI-E and get a new board, cpu and video card. Which would be:

BFG GEFORCE 6800 GT OC PCI-E 256MB
3500+ PROCESSOR S939 VENICE
MSI K8N NEO4 SLI ATX S939 NFORCE4 SLI

So I really have a two questions. A: Is it worth switching to PCI-E?? B: If not would my 3000+ XP bottleneck the 6800GT??
 
# 1 or 3 sounds good to me. I'm currently preaching the benefits of BFG's lifetime warranty since they recently replaced my dead 5900 XT OC with a new 6800 OC, so
GO BFG!!
 
I'd go with number 2 and wait for the next gens.

9800 pro still rocks!!!!, 256 bit mem, dx 9, it still runs the current crop of games fairly well. Esp. HL2
 
Back
Top