Video card coil whine messing with my soundcard

Zomoa

Limp Gawd
The coil whine from my new 7970 is messing with my sound card. I have an Asus Xonar Essence STX.

When the computer is idling at desktop, no noise. Audio is clear and my buddies can hear me fine.

When I'm in a game, that's when the problems start. Game loads up, coil whine starts, and my friends now complain about a loud buzzing sound that sounds like a bee when I talk.

Any ideas?

If you're plugging your headset into the front panel the first thing you should try is replicating the event when you're plugged into the rear. If the noise disappears invest a couple of bucks into a ferrite core to wrap the wiring to the front panel around and that should clear up your problem.

If that's not the case then you can try lining the back of the card to help eliminate interference.

If you're plugging your headset into the front panel the first thing you should try is replicating the event when you're plugged into the rear. If the noise disappears invest a couple of bucks into a ferrite core to wrap the wiring to the front panel around and that should clear up your problem.

If that's not the case then you can try lining the back of the card to help eliminate interference.

Thanks! I have some 3.5mm to 1/4" adapters coming in the mail soon that will allow me to use the back connectors with my headset. Will post back if that fixes the problem. :)

Plugging it in directly to the back fixed it! Thanks for the help.

Back