• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Video card boxes.. ?

Garric

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
197
Ever go down to Best Buy and look at the retail video card section? Cards from different brands usually have BOX art on them. The funny thing is, the box art is totally lame and stupid. Pictures of dragons, goblins, aliens, trolls, borg-like women etc. look like they are straight out of the eighties! No wonder everyone still considers PC Gaming a nerd's hobby. For example
3421211_640.jpg

4180758_640.jpg

What gives? They should at least put images from today's games or something! It seems that the marketing people know nothing about PC games or graphics, and just want to put some stupid 3D looking fantasy object that looks completely lame and stupid.
 
I think that they would have to pay money to game companies if they use the images on the box.

They could not use these pics at all and just put nice graphics on there. You are right some of the pics are very lame.
 
i think they look awesome ! especially the XFX ones also some grpahics card have cool images on the HSF i love those too !
 
Wouldnt they have to pay Valve money, if they used a picture from CS:S on their box for example? Instead they make their own "nerdy" picture and put it on the box.

But imo I dont really care whats on the box, its what inside the box that really matters to me.

Damn you Shmuckety! Beating me to it.
 
Sorry. :D

Yea, I really don't care what's on the box either, but from the perspective of Garric I can see what he is saying.

The nerds are the target market though...nerds like us that sit around on the forum and talk about computers all day. :p
 
Eh, it's a box. Remove the card from it then stash it in the closet or throw it away. Can't say I know anyone that cuts the caricatures from the packaging, frames them, then has it standing near their monitor like a swanky picture of the gf. :p
 
It's just so stupid.. I ordered a 7800GT OC and when it came, it had a big picture of a cybernetic DOG with a SABRE. And my dad was like "Wow that looks really lame.". It's like having your parents walk in on you playing a mario game, watching porn, or watching the telletubbies.
 
Straightforward and to the point is best for me.

box.jpg


Not my image btw but mine is the same thing.
 
I personally like eVGA's box design. Nice, simple, elegant. BFG's aren't half bad also.
 
If it made the card cost even $1 less I say white box too. The problem is the marketing of the product, just like any other product.
 
The name brand ones are okay, but some of those cheap off name from who knows where have some really goofy grafix on them.
 
Wow. I think I'm the only one who likes flashy art packaging. Haha, I was planning to collect all the boxes that I have and put them up and arrange them. It would look so cool. All that shiny-ness. :D and big boxes for something that's so small.
 
Garric said:
It's just so stupid.. I ordered a 7800GT OC and when it came, it had a big picture of a cybernetic DOG with a SABRE. And my dad was like "Wow that looks really lame.". It's like having your parents walk in on you playing a mario game, watching porn, or watching the telletubbies.


err what's wrong with mario? If you don't like mario games, especially the old nes ones you are a homo :eek: Back on topic, yeah the boxes are pretty gay. But I don't care, I don't install the box into my computer nor do I keep it and stare at it.
 
nobi125 said:
Just buy BFG cards if it bothers you lol. Best warranty and a good box.

10053778.gif
eVGA has the same best warranty and no annoying artwork too..... :D
 
DejaWiz said:
eVGA has the same best warranty and no annoying artwork too..... :D

Does EVGA provide the lifetime warranty no matter how many times the card has changed hands?
 
kuyaglen said:
I like the box as a Trophy of my awesome Case Modding Skills.
<snip>

No really though, got any more pictures of your card. Looks like a Gf4mx to me, no agreeing until you provide proof.
:rolleyes:
 
Back
Top