• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Video card artifacts

Wenty

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
460
Is it possible that when I turn my four case fans on full power that this can cause my card to freak out? Would this be a voltage problem? I have a 430 watt Antec power supply.
 
Crosshairs said:
I would say that its possible....
HooHa go NE PA :)

Anyway it can be a spectrum of problems like a faulty PSU, improperly seated HSF, etc. I know someone can shine more light onto this issue :)
 
turn 3 fans on instead of 4, see if you have the same problem.
if so, try 2, if still try 1.

if it still has the problem id associate that with a faulty PSU as opposed to something not seated correctly.
is the card getting its own power line? or sharing with other components?
my gpu has a dedicated line from the psu. i like that.
 
I changed it to it's own line so I'll see how that works. Thanks guys. :)
 
Crosshairs said:
Yeah man.....Gouldsboro.....But its cold as hell here in the winter :)
Its always cold here in the winter, as well as hot in the summer :p
 
DaRkF0g said:
Its always cold here in the winter, as well as hot in the summer :p
LOL..... It doesnt get too hot here..Im at 2200 Ft above sea level.....We have 4 seasons here...June, July, August, and Winter :)
 
Crosshairs said:
We have 4 seasons here...June, July, August, and Winter :)

lol, nice...but I can beat that. We've got 2. January and Summer.

(now that we've totally strayed from the topic...)
 
DNA Doc said:
lol, nice...but I can beat that. We've got 2. January and Summer.

(now that we've totally strayed from the topic...)

LOL.yeah I guess your weather is just the opposite of ours.....(off topic again) :)
 
Back
Top