Video Capture & Editing Guide

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Overclockers Club has put together a video capture and editing guide that should help most of you get started capturing and editing your own videos.

I covered quite a bit and there is even more I could cover. I also have a batch file for making GIFs, renaming, scaling, and converting the screenshots I take, cropping videos, burning arbitrary text onto a video, burning the timecode, concatenating videos, changing the volume, and the terrifying SplitScreen.bat file. (I pass it two videos, tell it if I want the split to be horizontal or vertical and if I want the 'screens' to mirror each other or be half-and-half, and by magic it actually works.) I think this is enough for you to get started with your own capturing and editing experiments, so have fun!

This is how I used to do it,
edit1.jpg

Capturing and editing your Game Play?
Uhh, no.

Why not?

Anyways, pretty good guide. But using batch files to edit your video, really? Just get an NLE, like Vegas Movie Studio. Very cheap on Amazon and has a 30 day free trial from Sony (more than long enough to finish numerous video projects). If you're going to use his batch file method, don't use the automatic key interval setting in OBS, set it to something small, like half your framerate (.5 seconds). That way you have a lot more keyframes to cut on, which means you can be more precise with your cuts.

And now that I think about it further, the smallest keyframe interval you can set for NVEnc in OBS is 1 second, so just use that. To do a .5 second keyframe interval you'd have to use x264 and use a custom command.

This would be cool if it didn't require nvidia and if it wasn't just for game play. Looking at learning how to do some of this for capturing video when I start machining and mill work.

Speaking of video editing, is there any free and simple way to rectify a fish eye lens? I dont even understand why they make camera lenses this way, its awful.

Speaking of video editing, is there any free and simple way to rectify a fish eye lens? I dont even understand why they make camera lenses this way, its awful.

I always thought they only used them in pr0n to make wieners looked extra large...

Back