• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Video Capture Card that interfaces with MSN; suggestions.

Akagi1982

n00b
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
1
Hi, I am using an old camcorder as a high quality web cam. I use a video capture card in order for it to interface with MSN and Yahoo.

Unfortuantly, MSN seems to hate all 3 of the cards I tried. an MSN TVanywhere, AIW radeon, AIW rageII+dvd. It doesn't detect properly with the ATI cards and with the MSN card, there is a 30 second delay.

I was wondering if any of you have had luck with a particular card. The lower cost, the better.
 
Akagi1982 said:
Hi, I am using an old camcorder as a high quality web cam. I use a video capture card in order for it to interface with MSN and Yahoo.

Unfortuantly, MSN seems to hate all 3 of the cards I tried. an MSN TVanywhere, AIW radeon, AIW rageII+dvd. It doesn't detect properly with the ATI cards and with the MSN card, there is a 30 second delay.

I was wondering if any of you have had luck with a particular card. The lower cost, the better.
The allinwonders usually use some sort of proprietary chip, so it may be hard to get it to work with other software. A BT878-based card would probably work just fine, and they are usually pretty cheap. Look in to the hauppauge wintv cards.
 
Back
Top