Video camera for sanctuary

UnknownSouljer

[H]F Junkie
I'm not really well versed in DV cameras. But we need to purchase one. Recommendations?

$1k~ish budget
Can be used
Needs to have a zoom lens that can zoom in at least a bit onto our pastor who will be across the room
Will be stationary
Will not need to zoom or anything like that once in place
Will need to have a live HDMI out
Will not need to actually record, it is simply there to send an image into the overflow room, although it may need to in the future

Since you do not need to record, you can probably get a great deal on a used professional HD tape camcorder (now that they are all memory based just about) with a live out. It wouldn't matter if the recording heads were worn out from many many hours because you would only need the optics. I would think you would be able to find a good low LUX rating professional cam with lots of hours on the heads very cheap since tape is going the way of the dinosaur. I would look for used Sony, Canon, or Panasonic cameras. Just my thoughts. The video heads wear out WAY before the optics.

Right, I sort of realize that I should be going after pro or semi-pro cameras, but not knowing the market, I don't really know which particular model I should be going after, or even where to make said purchase.

Back