video/audio to pc, not sure what all i need.

Wildace

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok so this is what i want to do, i want to have the video/audio from my pc (also from my ps3/xbox 360 too would be a plus) go to another pc im building for recording but what all do i need to do that? its for making gameplay videos ect (fraps isnt an option because its a resource hog and makes games hardly playable)

i already have hard drives, dvd drives, case, psu still need to buy the MB and Ram and if i have enough ill buy a quad core cpu for my current pc then transfer my current C2D over to this new system thats recording. if i dont have enough then ill just buy a cheap C2d for it.

price for parts i need is an issue so try to keep the cost down as much as we can.

my current pc that i game on and want to record the footage from.

46" 1080p Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV (i usually have my pc in 1920x1080 threw DVI-HDMI connected to my TV but i dont mind dropping it to 1280x720 when recording game footage)
C2D 1.8ghz OC to 3.0GHz
MSI P6N Platinum MB
4GB DDR2 800mhz
8800GTS 320mb
4x 320GB sata WD hard drives (Going to move 2 of them to the new system)
SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatality (no 5.25" bay) atm i have this hooked up directly to my 7.1 reciever for 7.1 audio from my pc with the multi channel cables from creative. (which i dont mind giving up 7.1 when i want to record)

new system (i have most of this stuff laying around except MB/Ram/Cpu i need to buy.)

20" LG 16:10 monitor. 1680x1050
Vista ultimate or XP pro (i have both i can put on it dont know which i should tho)
500watt Antec PSU
ECS GF7100PVT-M LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 7100 HDMI Micro ATX $40 or GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-S2H Micro ATX $80
2 GB DDR2 800mhz $40
(CPU Unkown atm) $???
2x 320gb WD Hard drives sata
will be using one of my old ATX cases until i can afford a micro one

in the future when i buy a new vidcard for my main rig ill probly move my 8800gts down to the new one but i have no imediate plans to upgrade my vidcard until next year at the earliest.

1280x720 is the desired resolution i want to capture at.

im assuming what i want to do is very possible right? all i would need is an hd capture card and the proper cables right? im not going to buy anything until i know what ill need.

Back