• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Vid Ram Heatsinks

danks

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 3, 2005
Messages
241
Recently went the water route but found out my 7800GTX's have memory chips on the back of the card. I ran down to my local compusa to find something and ended up with generic copper sinks that were really designed for system ram. They were thin so i had to put 2 on each chip. After running the system for a while I noticed they got pretty hot to the touch so I am wondering if this is normal or is it just the crappy heatsinks I got.

Thanks!
 
If they're hot they're doing their job. If you think they're too hot, put a fan on 'em.
 
Back
Top