VIA's Eden set.

Emission

Supreme [H]ardness
The Eden Processor is by far the smallest processor ever built thats capable of this much power at this incredibly low consumption.

TDP Breakdown:
2.5W @ 533MHz
5W @ 800MHz
7W @ 1GHz

Size Breakdown:
edennsize7vd.jpg

nanoitx2wx.jpg

And above is the Nano-ITX form-factor shown in comparison to a US Dollar.

Its stated that it can run on 12V DC boards, fanlessly. A very exciting new platform :D

Hopefully stuff like this will grow and be implemented in super-quiet gaming systems of the future :p . It would be awesome to carry around a pc the size of a small hard-cover novel. Imagine, A pc thats finally smaller than the monitor, ;)

**Images and information sourced here: http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/processors/eden-n/
***All images shown were saved and re-hosted to reduce bandwith usage.

:eek:

I knew they were small, but holy cow... Looks very intersting too!

And thanks Kyle for making this ;)

mpcamer1220 said:
:eek:

I knew they were small, but holy cow... Looks very intersting too!

And thanks Kyle for making this ;)

QFT. This may be my new favorite forum :D I didn't know anything about these VIA systems until just recently, but right now, its looking pretty sexy. If the price isn't so bad, I might build one just to see what its like. Run it as a secondary computer for homework and all that good stuff.

Well eh...Im eyeing one of these bad-boys:
http://idotpc.com/TheStore/Desktop/1005Spec.asp?Product.id=1005&Cate.id=5&Product.status=green

The one thing id like to know is, how do these processors stack up to the big-boys? The A64's and such? I need a solid performance rating, because I also spotted a sexy case on idotpc.com that would perfectly complement that. Just imagine, dual proc + 2GB of DDR400 Goodness...It comes in a lot cheaper AND, I can NOT stress enough , a LOT more power efficient package than a gamer and/or workstation. Its one of those miracle 50W PC type of things that I would positively LOVE to keep on 24/7. Its so attractive, but I need some big numbers.Can anyone help me out?

I want one of those motherboards! It would be so great to have such a small computer to lug around, instead of my huge standard size atx case. I'd like to see some benchmarks on the VIA CPU's VS. AMD and INTEL's. Someone do it quick!

dave6821 said:
I want one of those motherboards! It would be so great to have such a small computer to lug around, instead of my huge standard size atx case. I'd like to see some benchmarks on the VIA CPU's VS. AMD and INTEL's. Someone do it quick!

lug is not the correct word to use here. Instead it would be midlessly carry. You will really be able to carry these systems without even thinking about it because they are so small and light.

when is that damn nano-itx coming out?! Its been well over a year since they announced it and I haven't heard a smidgen about it since then even on mini-itx.com.

Emission said:
Well eh...Im eyeing one of these bad-boys:
http://idotpc.com/TheStore/Desktop/1005Spec.asp?Product.id=1005&Cate.id=5&Product.status=green

The one thing id like to know is, how do these processors stack up to the big-boys? The A64's and such? I need a solid performance rating, because I also spotted a sexy case on idotpc.com that would perfectly complement that. Just imagine, dual proc + 2GB of DDR400 Goodness...It comes in a lot cheaper AND, I can NOT stress enough , a LOT more power efficient package than a gamer and/or workstation. Its one of those miracle 50W PC type of things that I would positively LOVE to keep on 24/7. Its so attractive, but I need some big numbers.Can anyone help me out?

thats an awsome looking mobo... i too wonder how these perform

Even if I dont game with it, which I dont plan to, id like to know if it could multi-task like some of the possibly lower-end AMD dual cores. Just have to wait for the big numbers..

Qwertyman said:
when is that damn nano-itx coming out?! Its been well over a year since they announced it and I haven't heard a smidgen about it since then even on mini-itx.com.

See, that's the point that I conceptualized this forum, there's lots of mystery to the majority of VIA's itx platforms, and the more we know and centralize, the better!

I need to get a new power supply for my car's pc ($230), after that's done I'll be picking up a dual C7 motherboard to play with and learn about, you can expect benchmarks :)

A Dual 2GHz C7 System would be 4GHz @ a 40W Total TDP, wow. I really wonder how these would stack up.

Emission said:
A Dual 2GHz C7 System would be 4GHz @ a 40W Total TDP, wow. I really wonder how these would stack up.
yes and no, it would be 4ghz total clock speed as a result of two cores, but don't expect it to perform like a single-core 4ghz cpu :p
unlike A64's the more cores there are, the more it hurts performance, much like P4's dual cores

Well its not like I plan to build a jet thats gonna liftoff with these :p . For my high-performance needs im going AMD.

Back