• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Via PT800 O/C information needed!

Santroph

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Messages
133
Hi all.
I happen to be changing my GOOD OLD BD7 for something new and cheap.
I have seen an ASUS P4V800-X MOBO for a very good price here in Brasil.
I just have to ask some things to you guys.
I have a 1.6A capable of reaching 2.4 in a IT7 MAX (I845PE)
Since this mobo uses a VIA PT800 capable of 800 MHz, do anyone knows how good it can overclock CPUs of 400 and 533 FSB?
And since we are at the subject does it have a good Overclock in the 800FSB procs too.
I have seen several reviews of this chipset and it always performs on par with the I875 one, but they never show the overclocking potential of this chipset. Neither HOCP showed it.

So if anyone has any news about it I would be very glad.

BTW i have seen problem with ATI cards in the PT880 chipset in several boards, does anyone one know it pt800 has the same thing, since i use a SoftModded 9500, i need to know it.
Thanks to all.
 
I'd rather get an AI7 or IS7... not a big fan of Via. Does it have the AGP/PCI lock? Most important thing... IMHO....
 
The thing is, in my country money, this mobo costs 260, and AI7 or something like it costs about 600 :( it is a very big change and i can't spend this right now.
So i have no good option. I don't know about the lock, because i can't find information of it in any ASUS site :(.
If anyone could say something about any PT800 i would be glad :)
or if this mobo have The PCI/AGO lock too.
 
OK i've found this....

CPU - Socket 478 for Intel Pentium 4/ Celeron up to 3.2 GHz+
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology ready
- New power design supports Intel next generation Prescott CPU
Chipset VIA PT800
VIA VT8237
Front Side Bus 800/ 533 / 400 MHz
Memory 3 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 3GB PC3200/PC2700/PC2100 Non-ECC DDR SDRAM memory (PC3200 up to 2 DIMMs only)
Expansion Slots 1 x AGP 8X/ 4X (0.8V, 1.5V only)
5 x PCI
Storage 2 x UltraDMA 133
2 x Serial ATA with RAID 0, 1 function
Audio ADI AD1980 SoundMAX 6-channel CODEC
support S/PDIF out interface
LAN Realtek 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN
USB Max. 8 USB2.0 ports (optional module)
AI Overclocking -Intelligent CPU frequency tuner
-ASUS JumperFree
-CPU, Memory voltage adjustable
-SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection) at 1MHz increment
-ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
Special Features Power Loss Restart
ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
support S/PDIF out interface
ASUS EZ Flash
CrashFree BIOS 2
ASUS MyLogo 2
Back Panel I/O Ports 1 x Parallel
1 x Serial
1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x PS/2 Mouse
1 x S/PDIF Output
1 x Audio I/O
4 x USB 2.0/1.1
1 x RJ45
Internal I/O Connectors -2 x USB 2.0 connector support additional 4 USB 2.0 ports
-ASUS PC Probe
-ASUS LiveUpdate Utility
Form Factor ATX Form Factor 12"x 7.6"(30.5cm x 19.3cm)

"-SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection) at 1MHz increment"
for this i think it means FSB PCI/AGP lock
 
I read the review on the front page to mean that it does have a PCI/AGP lock. The point of the article is that is best used for overclocking 400 and 533 FSB processors, because it doesn't overclock above 800 FSB very well.
 
Sorry but are u talking about the PT880 or the PT800?
the PT880 was a MSI board with some things strange.
The PT800 review was a reference VIA board and it doesn't talk anything for Overclock with that board.
At least these are the [H] reviews I saw.
 
The PT800 is the perfect board to use with P4 Celerons. I have built 3 PCs with the board. Everything works great. Its got RAID. Im running a 2.6 Celeron at 3.2 without any problems. The board has the most overlocking adjustments I have seen (same as the pt880). My only gripe is that it seems to only like mainstream Kingston and Micron memory.
 
Back
Top