VIA EPIA SN-Series Mini-ITX Mainboard with C7 processor at 1.8ghz!

matrix563

Fully [H]
http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?motherboard_id=550

2 lan ports, 1.8 ghz integrated processor, support for 4gb of ram, 4 3.0 sata ports, and a pci-e 16x slot, and mini pci slot. whats there not to like? ;)

The Vista-Ready VIA EPIA SN Series includes four S-ATA ports, PCI-Express and processor speeds up to 1.8GHz to bring unprecedented versatility and performance for embedded applications.

Powered by the 1.8GHz VIA C7 processor, the VIA EPIA SN provides a performance boost of up to 30% over previous VIA EPIA mainboards, while a fanless 1GHz sku is ideal for NAS and applications requiring passive cooling. The VIA EPIA SN is also the first to provide the added flexibility of a 16-lane PCI-Express port for bandwidth-intensive graphics cards. With four Serial ATA II ports, an Ultra DMA port, a Compact Flash connector, dual-LAN ports and wireless support, the VIA EPIA SN has the storage and network versatility to suit developers of NAS, digital signage and POS units alike.

The VIA CN896 chipset has been certified by Microsoft to guarantee a reliable and trouble free installation of Windows Vista, with its VIA Chrome9 HC integrated graphics core supporting DirectX 9 applications. Capable of supporting an unprecedented 4GB of energy-efficient DDR2 667 system memory, the VIA EPIA SN takes compact computing to new levels of system performance.

Multiple native RAID configurations through 4 S-ATA channels and the inclusion of a Gigabit Ethernet port as standard make the EPIA SN series a strong contender in NAS system development. Digital signage and POS developers can take advantage of expansion cards supporting DVI and LVDS displays, while the option of an additional four COM ports and a native LPC bus is important to POS vendors.

viasn.jpg

viasna.jpg

whats there not to like? ;)

At those awesome specs, I'm guessing the price. :p

Looks great though, I might have to grab one for my continual Linux internet gateway project. :D Hopefully it's cheaper than my last bundle (1.3GHz C7 board with the extra NIC module).

I hope someone does the silly and plops a high end video card into it and run some bench tests. :D

I hope the PCIe slot supports a RAID card. I'm thinking about putting in an Areca RAID card, plus a CompactFlash card for boot, and creating a nice little iSCSI NAS.

I don't know about that, I'm suddenly tumpted to throw an X1900 or X1650GT/XT in it and start GPU Folding. :) With an X1900, it'd have similar power consumption to an X2 rig (maybe a little less?), and similar PPD.

sweet. crysis in my car! :p

did this come out yet or is it vaporware?

Back