Hi ! This one is for the CRT-experts on this forum!
I've got this nice Samsung Syncmaster 1100DF monitor (CRT).
VGA connection works perfectly and picture quality is great.
I heard that you can get EVEN better colours at high resolutions with special cable, that splits the signal to 5 different wires:
So I got this cable: name: RGB-1 description "High Quality Monitor Cable HD 15M, 5xBNC"
Put the Vga end on my Radeon9800 Pro and
On the back of my monitor I connected cables: R (on cable) ->R (on monitor),
G ->G, B->B, H (black cable) -> H/V (on monitor), V (white cable) ->V(on monitor).
I took off the normal VGA cable, USB cable is not connected.
Put the power ON, but there is no picture ! Only some interference on the screen. When windows booted up, the screen went totally blank.
I took off the power, took of BNC cable, put back the VGA cable, and got the picture back..
I tried next to install the VGA->BNC cable to another computer (old TNT1 card, still good Samsung 957P monitor), this time not even interference, only "check the cable connections" on the display.
On Samsungs OSD there is a selection "D-SUB /BNC", but I can't even get to OSD, when the BNC cable is connected.
CD-rom manual says:
-Connect the signal cable to the 15-pin D-sub connector on the back of your monitor. Connect the signal cable to the video port on your computer, video board, video card, or graphics card.
-Connect the signal cable to the BNC signal port on the back of your monitor/computer.(Option)
What do you think? Have I got right type of cable and should this connection work?
I've got this nice Samsung Syncmaster 1100DF monitor (CRT).
VGA connection works perfectly and picture quality is great.
I heard that you can get EVEN better colours at high resolutions with special cable, that splits the signal to 5 different wires:
So I got this cable: name: RGB-1 description "High Quality Monitor Cable HD 15M, 5xBNC"
Put the Vga end on my Radeon9800 Pro and
On the back of my monitor I connected cables: R (on cable) ->R (on monitor),
G ->G, B->B, H (black cable) -> H/V (on monitor), V (white cable) ->V(on monitor).
I took off the normal VGA cable, USB cable is not connected.
Put the power ON, but there is no picture ! Only some interference on the screen. When windows booted up, the screen went totally blank.
I took off the power, took of BNC cable, put back the VGA cable, and got the picture back..
I tried next to install the VGA->BNC cable to another computer (old TNT1 card, still good Samsung 957P monitor), this time not even interference, only "check the cable connections" on the display.
On Samsungs OSD there is a selection "D-SUB /BNC", but I can't even get to OSD, when the BNC cable is connected.
CD-rom manual says:
-Connect the signal cable to the 15-pin D-sub connector on the back of your monitor. Connect the signal cable to the video port on your computer, video board, video card, or graphics card.
-Connect the signal cable to the BNC signal port on the back of your monitor/computer.(Option)
What do you think? Have I got right type of cable and should this connection work?